Interested in beginning a professional career in the childbirth field?
Become a CAPPA Certified Childbirth Educator!
Do you have a desire to make a difference in the lives of birthing families?
Do you want to expand the services you already offer as a birth professional?
Gain the tools you need to equip birthing families to make confident, informed decisions while expanding your business and fulfilling your passion!
March 17th – 19th, 2017
in Colorado Springs, CO
August 4th – 6th, 2017
in Colorado Springs, CO
in Your Hometown!
None of the Above?
Host a training in your hometown!
Check back for new training dates!
**Location subject to change. Email Tiff Miller at email@example.com to double-check before registering, or for information on bringing a training to your home town.
Would you like a CAPPA Childbirth Educator Training in your area?
Earn a discount of 50% or more when you host a training with a minimum of 6 students! (This is for trainings scheduled outside of the Colorado Springs area only.)
What does the CAPPA Childbirth Educator Training cover?
This 2-day (18 seat hours) training is the first step in becoming a Certified Childbirth Educator with CAPPA, the world’s largest childbirth education organization.
Attending can also count toward fulfilling CEU requirements for CAPPA professionals in need of recertification! (I’m working on getting registered to offer contact hours for nurses in Colorado!)
Who should take this training?
- Nurses & other support staff. (L&D, NICU, Mom & Baby, Pediatrics)
- Current Childbirth Educators
- Hospital Educators
- Labor & Postpartum Doulas
- Physicians & Midwives
- Public Health Staff
- La Leche League Leaders & Lactation Professionals
- WIC Professionals
- Anyone supporting families during pregnancy
CAPPA Certified Childbirth Educators can:
- Teach in hospitals or other professional facilities
- Teach childbirth classes exclusively as an independent childbirth educator
- Augment the support they already provide as a birth professional (doula, lactation support, parenting educator, etc.)
- Lead support groups
- Speak on pregnancy & childbirth related topics
- Teach private or group classes
- Offer unbiased, non-judgmental information and support to childbearing families
- Create their own curriculum within a broad and professional scope of practice
- Equip pregnant mothers and their partners to make informed decisions regarding their pregnancy and birth with confidence
This training covers:
- History & necessity of childbirth education
- Learning styles & teaching techniques
- Physiology & anatomy
- Labor & birth
- Unexpected outcomes
- Writing your own curriculum
- Understanding current scientific literature
- Hands-on teaching time
- And MORE!
Walk away from this training with all of the basic tools you will need in order to teach in a hospital or other professional facility. Or, you can formulate your own class and teach independently. Either way, you will be ready to succeed in offering evidence-based excellence as a childbirth educator!
Upcoming CAPPA Childbirth Educator Trainings
Trainings run from 8am to 7pm on both training days.
Register before the Early Bird deadline and save $25.
March 17-19, 2017
Location TBD – Host This Training
Early Bird ends February 3
August 4th-6th, 2017
Colorado Springs, CO – Host: Tanya Park
Early Bird ends June 2
Your registration cost covers:
- CAPPA Childbirth Educator Training Manual
- Folder of materials to help you get started right away
- Hands-on teaching time in class
- Membership and mentoring in my exclusive Facebook group
This training does NOT include CAPPA membership, CAPPA Academy, or the certification packet. To view all CCCE certification requirements, visit CAPPA.net. For more information, please email Tiff Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remember you are not registered until payment is made, registration is complete and I have sent a confirmation email.
Each student must be in attendance during the entirety of the training provided in order to receive a certificate of attendance for this Training Class.
After submitting your registration form, I will send you:
An email letting you know I received your registration form–If you require a payment plan, please respond to this email within 24 hours to let me know, and I will discuss your options.
Thank you so much for choosing Joyful Beginnings for your CAPPA Childbirth Educator Training! I look forward to meeting you in class!