Training & Education:
- 10/2007—CAPPA Labor Doula Training; Denver, CO. Trainer: Ana M. Hill, CLD, CLE, CCCE
- 11/2008 & 5/2011—CAPPA Childbirth Educator Training; Colorado Springs, CO. Trainer: Desirre Andrews, CLD, CLE, CCCE.
- 11/2009—Counselor Training at the Colorado Springs Pregnancy Center.
- 6/2011—CAPPA Conference (10.5 CEU’s earned).
- 6/2012—CAPPA Conference (10.5 CEU’s earned).
- 10/2013–Neonatal Resuscitation Program online exam and practicum.
- 1/2014–Integrated Resuscitation of the Newborn; Karen Strange
- 7/2014–CAPPA Conference (11.5 CEU’s earned)
- 11/2015 – MANA Conference in New Mexico
- CAPPA Certified Labor Doula (CLD: 2009-2015).
- CAPPA Childbirth Educator (CCCE).
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program Certified (NRP)
- Basic Life Support (Adult/Infant/Child CPR).
Experience in Birth:
- 2003-2007 – Births of my own four children.
- Private practice labor doula since 10/2007.
- Independent childbirth educator since 4/2010
- 2/2009-5/2009: Back-up assistant to Merrie Macdowell, RM.
- 1/2013-Present: Midwife assistant to Desirre Andrews, CPM, RM
- Experience with: natural hospital births, epidurals, induction, cesarean section, VBAC, (including VBA2C), home birth (planned & unplanned), single mothers, all hospitals in the Colorado Springs area, and military families.
Memberships in the Childbirth Field:
- 10/2007 – Present: CAPPA (Childbirth and Postpartum Professional Association)
- 12/2009 – 8/2013: PPRDA (Pikes Peak Regional Doula Association)
- 9/2010 – 9/2012: PPRDA Treasurer
- 12/2009 – Present: BirthNetwork, Colorado Springs Chapter
- 9/2011—Present: Educator & Doula with Preparing for Birth, Colorado Springs
- 2008 – 2010: Volunteer doula with Operation Special Delivery
- 9/2010 – 7/2012: Volunteer childbirth educator at the Colorado Springs Pregnancy Center
- 1/2013 – Present: Midwife assistant to Desirre Andrews, CPM, RM